Hi Anthony,

since your oce is based on 1.2.15 first the information for you, that between 1.2.15 and the released 1.2.19 there were a lot of features added. No old features has been dropped, so it should be feature compatible with 1.2.15. You can look at the changelog

http://tomcat.apache.org/connectors-doc/changelog.html

and maybe the easiest way is to scan the document

http://tomcat.apache.org/connectors-doc/config/workers.html

and for Apache

http://tomcat.apache.org/connectors-doc/config/apache.html

resp. for IIS

http://tomcat.apache.org/connectors-doc/config/iis.html

about new parameters, which you didn't know before. There are also hints in the docs, which of the params have been added in which version.

Concerning 1.2.20 I'll make a tarball for testing including the docs most likely tonight. We changed a bit more, than was planned, so we give people a couple of days to report problems early, before we tag the release. Again, all changes will be contained in the configuration reference guide.

Regards,

Rainer

Anthony Vromant wrote:
Rainer Jung wrote:
Mladen Turk wrote:
Anthony Vromant wrote:

Would it be possible to integrate such a feature in the original mod_jk ? If yes, we may contribute to the development by providing our code.

There is no need to ask something like that.
Just like for any other patch bring in the code,
and we'll discuss, but it cannot be answered in advance.
Anyhow, according to the description it looks very interesting.

Regards,
Mladen.

Exactly the same from me. The upcoming release 1.2.20 will already include a lot of improvements in the jk status worker and we all think, that managing changes in a distributed 24x7 system already is a very important topic.

Waiting for your proposals :)

Rainer

Glad to note that you are interested in this topic.

I propose to send you as soon as possible a HTTP link towards a Flash presentation of our prototype.
Thus you'll have a good overview of the feature.

For the source code, we have to do some 'cleaning' work before being able to submit it to you.

Can you tell me where to find information about new features of mod_jk 1.2.20 ?

For your information, our prototype is built from mod_jk 1.2.15. We could bring it to the 1.2.20.

Regards.

kippdata informationstechnologie GmbH
Bornheimer Str. 33a
53111 Bonn