Le 13/05/2019 à 12:17, Mark Thomas a écrit :

> If I am understanding this all correctly, the proposed way forward is to
> (eventually) replace the Ant compiler with the JSR199 based Javac
> compiler? If so, then +1 from me.

I mostly aim at providing an easy way to use the new language features
in JSPs, removing the legacy Ant compiler is a bonus. This perspective
raises a couple of questions:

- When the Ant compiler could be deprecated/removed? Should we deprecate
in Tomcat 9.0.x and remove in 10, or deprecate in Tomcat 10 and remove
in 11?

- What should be done with the JspServlets configured to use Ant once
the compiler is deprecated/removed? Throw an error or redirect to the
new javac compiler?

Emmanuel Bourg