> Hi,
>
> This vote is to regulate the use of branches in the official Tomcat
> repository beyond branches that are approved by the community such as
8.5.x
> and 7.0.x. It is possible to do development in private branches directly
in
> the official Tomcat repository, as an alternative to using forks and pull
> requests.
>
> Should private branches be allowed in the official Tomcat git repository ?
> [ ] Yes
>  [X] No

In my opinion, I think the branches in Tomcat repo should correspond to the
current major maintenance version. Because this can be easily managed.
Some middle jobs when solving bug and adding feature should be done in
private fork.
I consider that the branch in Tomcat repo should be created by *project
committer* after a vote and can't be created by anybody casually.