On 27/11/2019 12:47, Rémy Maucherat wrote:
> On Tue, Nov 26, 2019 at 2:36 PM Rémy Maucherat <r...@apache.org
> <mailto:r...@apache.org>> wrote:
>
>     It looked ok and removed a big chunk of code so I went ahead with it.
>

> Status update:
>

>     - This one, also the easiest one: drop
>     SocketWrapperBase.write(Non)BlockingDirect methods
>

> Done.

I've been looking at the 9.0.x changes.

What is clearer now (I think the differences were always there - just
harder to see with the more complex code) is that there are some minor
differences in behaviour when all of the following are true:
- the source buffer is emptied when it is copied to the socket buffer
- the socket buffer is full after the source buffer has been copied

In some cases there will be an immediate write to the network. In other
cases the network write will wait until the next write to the socket
buffer or the next explicit flush.

I think I prefer an immediate write in this scenario. WDYT to updating
(very carefully) all of the write methods to behave that way?

Cheers,