All,

I see Mladen has gone crazy updating mod_jk for IIS. The build process
looks fairly straightforward in a way that isn't so straightforward
for e.g. libtcnative.

That's the next on the road, but probably using CMake.

I suspect most of it is the work that has gone into his "Custom
Microsoft Compiler Toolkit Compilation" to make sure it has everything
it needs.

Yep, any Modern MS compiler having nmake and command prompt can be
used directly. Just open desired command environment (32 or 64 bit)
and enter nmake -f Makefile.vc BUILD_CPU=x64 APACHE2_HOME=...
The point was to ease the CI integration

Regards
--
^TM