Hi,

Picking up this thread again I see a range of views. "main" seems to be
the most popular although several folks suggested "10.0.x" and "use
whatever GitHub use". There was also interest in "trunk". Particularly
with the additional suggestion of "10.0.x" appearing in the middle of
the discussion, I'm not sure where consensus lies at the moment.

One suggestion I particularly liked was to do the rename at the point we
branch 10.0.x and start on 10.1.x since we will need to be updating CI
and various things anyway. That is currently looking like September as
that is the target date for the Jakarta EE 9 release.

I suspect that this could get tricky as I'd prefer "main" or "10.0.x",
could work with "trunk" but really don't want to continue with "master".
I imagine others have similar views in different combinations. Maybe if
others express their views in a similar way to the above we'll end up
with a natural consensus. If not, we'll have to figure something out.

Mark