> Mark,
>
> On 10/3/20 14:39, Mark Thomas wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I mentioned TCK status during a couple of ApacheCon presentations.
>> Having checked the current status I thought it would be worth sending a
>> brief note to the list. More detail is on the wiki:
>> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/TOMCAT/Jakarta+EE+TCKs
>>
>> The short version is:
>>
>> - EL: all tests pass
>> - JSP: all tests pass (once the TCK regression is fixed)
>> - WebSocket: all tests pass
>> - Servlet: one failure (expected)
>>
>> So, all good. No issues.
>>
>> Mark
>>
>> P.S. If you are wondering the servlet failure is because Tomcat ignores
>> any suggested context path in web.xml and will ALWAYS derive the context
>> path from the file name to avoid ambiguities and conflicts.
>
> I can't for the life of me find a reference to how you "suggest" the
> context path in web.xml. Is this using the appCxtRoot env-entry? I
> thought that was vendor-specific...

<default-context-path>...</default-context-path> in web.xml

It was (and still is) a bad idea. The supporters of the feature ignored
questions like:

- What to do if two web apps use the same value?
- What if a webapp is already deployed at that path?

The only concession I was able to extract was the "may be overridden by
container specific configuration". In Tomcat's case this is the name of
the WAR/DIR so we can always ignore this. Once I reached the point where
I/Tomcat could ignore it, I did.