Mark,

On 12/10/20 09:13, Mark Thomas wrote:
Mark,

On 12/10/20 06:39, Mark Thomas wrote:
The proposed Apache Tomcat migration tool for Jakarta EE 0.1.0 is now
available for voting.

This is (potentially) the first release.

It can be obtained from:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/tomcat/jakartaee-migration/v0.1.0/

The Maven staging repo is:
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachetomcat-1291/

The tag is:
https://github.com/apache/tomcat-jakartaee-migration/tree/0.1.0
cbada3204bf9c43ca0cf481cd88c7521690b30a0

The proposed 0.1.0 release is:

[ ] -1: Broken. Do not release because...
[ ] +1: Acceptable. Go ahead and release.

Do we even need (a) a release and (b) a VOTE?

If we want a release, we MUST have a VOTE.

I was kind of thinking that if we didn't need (a) then (b) would be unnecessary.

Since this is a developer tool and not a runtime library or anything
like that, maybe we can just say "YMMV, this is available any time you
want it"?

It could be a runtime library. One possibility is that we integrate it
into Tomcat 10 somehow so that if you try and deploy a Java EE 8 WAR it
gets automatically converted to a Jakarta EE 9 WAR.

Witchcraft.

-chris