On 03/02/2021 15:50, Rémy Maucherat wrote:
> On Wed, Feb 3, 2021 at 1:03 PM Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org> wrote:

<snip/>

>> I'm still considering what might be the best way to fix this. Hence the
>> brain dump above. Thoughts?
>
> There has been some debate about this before, and you did add quite a bit
> of code to catch things that would break the protocol. So it seems this
> would go above and beyond, and attempt to catch *anything* that could make
> a response non compliant with the underlying protocol ?

The stuff I added before was mostly on the input side to protect against
non-compliant user agents. The changes I am thinking about here are more
geared towards preventing apps from setting response headers they shouldn't.

How far to go is the question:
a) a few we know are definitely wrong (like TE: chunked) ?
b) any we think Tomcat should / needs to control ?
c) make it fully customisable ?
d) something else?

Maybe I need to make a list of the headers I think fall under a) and b)
and see if that helps clarify things.