Michael,

On 5/13/21 13:01, Michael Osipov wrote:
Am 2021-05-13 um 00:10 schrieb Mark Thomas:
All,

Assuming 7.0.109 is the last Tomcat 7 release I am the current release manager for 10.0.x, 9.0.x, 8.5.x, migration tool, native and mod_jk. I'd like to share the load and the knowledge a little.

The step-by-step release process was documented for Tomcat 7:
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/TOMCAT/ReleaseProcess

Looking at the cwiki it does not apply to tcnative..Do you have instructions? My long-term goal would be to provide a CMake-based generator, cross-platform.

IIRC, releasing tcnative is pretty terrible because you have to build it with some ancient version of the Windows Driver Development Kit to ensure you don't introduce dependencies on weird MSVCRT.DLL versions.

There is a howto page somewhere...

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/TOMCAT/Building+the+native+Tomcat+components+for+Windows

If you use a pre-built CMSC distribution it isn't too bad. I should update the Wiki to use that option - or at least mention it.

The Native build process could easily be scripted. All the commands are in the wiki. I haven't scripted it so far, partly because the releases are so infrequent it hasn't seemed worth it and partly because I like to do it manually so I can keep a closer eye on what is going on.