Han,

On 8/10/22 06:25, Han Li wrote:
Mark,

Can I make a suggestion related to the ant build script. Can we add two
properties to set the values of ` -Duser.language` and `-Duser.country`,
because in the course of my testing I found that some of the unit test
assertions are in English, but there may be cases where the values are
converted by sm, e.g. Chinese.
Just like this:
    Assert.assertEquals("ok”,x);
The variable x becomes "好" after passing through the StringManager.

So this makes it a bit inconvenient for non-English speaking developers to
test. I avoid this problem by adding a statement to build.xml each time I run a
test.
<jvmarg value="-Duser.language=en"/>
<jvmarg value="-Duser.country=US"/>

So I was wondering if we could dynamically set these two values via
build.properties

So, two things:

1. You are proposing that we "copy" user.language and user.country from the ant JVM into the forked-ant JVM that runs the tests?

I'm perfectly happy to add that permanently. I see no reason not to do that.

2. If you set user.language and user.country in either ~/build.properties or ... just have them auto-set by your environment (e.g. your OS is set to use a particular locale) that should work. Are these values not *already* copied from ant JVM into forked-ant JVM for testing?

-chris

2022年8月10日 18:02,Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org> 写道: