On May 16, 2007, at 1:10 PM, Paul McMahan wrote:

On Apr 12, 2007, at 12:15 PM, Remy Maucherat wrote:

David Jencks wrote:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/attachment/12355273/ GERONIMO-3010-4.patch In addition, this one combines the InstanceManager interfaces. I think this is a bad idea because it forces jasper to use an interface shared with catalina, which the previous patch does not. This makes catalina marginally more complicated when used as a standalone container for jasper but makes it possible to use jasper outside catalina without any catalina classes. Note also that the previous (3c) patch allows use of tomcat embedded in a container that supplies its own InstanceManager implementation without pulling in any jasper classes at runtime.
This has 1 interface, 1 implementation.

Thanks for the patch revisions. I will look into adding these features after the next stable release.

Rémy

Now that 6.0.13 has been released is it a good time to resume this discussion about annotation processing? I have been using David's patch in geronimo's Tomcat assembly for the last several weeks and it has proven to be quite stable. David, do you consider the latest patch to be feature complete as far as where the discussion left off? Have the issues that were raised in this discussion been addressed?

As far as I know I've addressed all the issues that were raised, but that might have a tenuous relationship to whether I actually did :-). I'd certainly appreciate review by tomcat committers before I completely forget how my patch works :-)

thanks
david jencks

Best wishes,
Paul