Henri Gomez wrote:
>>> Ain't those used for 5.5?
>>> You can however just remove them from the build.
>>> Other option is to copy them to the 5.5 and not referencing
>>> the connectors for those set of classes.
>> Sorry - should have been clear. I only meant in Tomcat 7. I didn't intend
>> changing 5.5.x or 6.0.x
>
> What's the state for Tomcat 7 ?

Development is happening in trunk.

> I wonder if they're allready some discussions/plans about it.
>
> Not just technical/specs/RI plans but more generally what could/should
> Tomcat 7 be ?

/trunk/TOMCAT-7-RELEASE-PLAN.txt

> I could see that many projects (GWT/Eclipse), are now switching to
> Jetty (which is great container also).
>
> Did we miss something at some time ?
Ease of embedding? Size?

> May be being the Servlet/JSP RI didn't allow too much 'revolution'.
Have you read the 3.0 spec draft? There is a fair amount of change. Whether it
is good or not is a different question though.

> Probably it didn't help/allow new peoples join the project and add
> some fresh air & ideas ?
We could probably be more responsive / encouraging. I am trying to get a couple
of GSoC projects for Tomcat this year. Hopefully that will generate something.