"William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net> wrote in message
news:49d55f2c.2030...@rowe-clan.net...
> Henri Gomez wrote:
>>
>> If i recall the tomcat story (10 years).
>> Today
>>
>> Sun has it's own implementation, Grizzly.
>> Jboss forked tc code in it's own implémentation for AS.
>> Spring Source embed it in it's DM server.
>
> It's disturbing that you fail to mention Geronimo altogether.  If we can't
> have cohesion within the ASF - you expect to create it externally?

I think that where Henri is going is that Tomcat has always been dependant
on corporate sponsorship.  First on Sun (who forked the code to GlassFish),
then on JBoss (whom I understand from messages on the list has forked as
well), and currently on SpringSource.  Geronimo has historically considered
Tomcat as a poor cousin ;), and preferred Jetty.  Admittedly that has
changed recently, and we're getting more patch submissions from Geronimo.
But AFAIK, there are still no committers to both Tomcat and Geronimo.