Should we use the new OneLineFormatter as the default juli formatter?

I never found anyone who liked the default java.util.logging log format,
which spreads all messages out via two lines. One line contains the
timestamp, the other line the message.

So if your grep for a message, you want find out when it was issued, and
if you look for a certain time range, yout wont see the actual messages.
Non-sense.

Now that we have our nice little OneLineFormatter, why not use it as
default?

If we use it as default: should be have it as default without config,
i.e. as a default in code, or do we want to add the .formatter lines to
our loggging.properties? Or add the formatter system property to
catalina.properties?

I think I would favor having it as a code default, i.e. without any
configuration.

Any comments?

Regards,

Rainer