On 12/16/11 12:56 PM, Mark Thomas wrote:
> All,
>
> There are currently two options for publishing JARs to Maven Central:
> 1. scp+rsync via people.a.o
> 2. Nexus
>
> Personally, my only requirements are:
> a) that the JARs reach Maven Central
> b) publishing is as simple as running a single script

I would be very interested to know if anyone has figured out a way
to fully script Nexus.  AFAIK, Nexus requires that you use the GUI
and also (sic) store credentials in a plaintext file.  Maybe someone
has figured out a way around this. I would be very interested to
learn this so we can improve the not-quite-functional process that
we have been fumbling with in Commons [1]. FWIW, my NSHO is that if
you have a working script that produces good artifacts that can be
scpd to central, there is no reason to bring in proprietary
software, plaintext credential files or GUI steps.

Phil
[1] http://wiki.apache.org/commons/UsingNexus