On 26/01/2012 23:15, Mark Thomas wrote:
> Good news. The WebSocket implementation has reached a state where you
> should be able to play with it. Receiving and sending of binary and text
> data via streams/writers and messages is all working as long as you
> don't use continuation frames. See the Echo example for the general idea.

Some minor tweaks and clean-up [1]. Main improvement is that now if you
write more data than the buffer can handle it doesn't fall over.

> I'm leaning towards committing this
> on the grounds that it changes very little of the existing code and -
> fingers crossed - it should stay that way. It will be easier for the
> wider community to experiment and provide patches once it is in trunk. I
> expect that the back-port to 7.0.x will wait until things were more
> feature complete and any obvious performance issues had been addressed.

No-one has complained about this (yet) so I'll probably commit this some
time next week.

> Anyway, I hope you enjoy playing with this. As always, feedback welcome.

Mark

[1] http://people.apache.org/~markt/patches/draft/2012-01-27-websocket.patch