On Tue, Feb 21, 2012 at 3:29 PM, Mladen Turk <mt...@apache.org> wrote:

> On 02/21/2012 09:56 PM, Costin Manolache wrote:
>
>> On Tue, Feb 21, 2012 at 12:51 PM, Rainer Jung<rainer.j...@kippdata.de>**
>> wrote:
>>
>>  On 21.02.2012 21:30, Costin Manolache wrote:
>>>
>>>  Is this going to be from head ? How can I get the NPN ( sslext.c )
>>>>

>>> Mladen is aiming for 1.1.23, so he will be releasing from the 1.1.x
>>> branch.
>>>

>> What's the process for backporting ? The main change is adding a file, so
>> it should be pretty safe.
>>

> Not sure if that code is safe and I doubt it'll compile on all platforms,
> E.g
> TCN_IMPLEMENT_CALL(jint, SSLExt, setSessionData)(TCN_STDARGS, jlong
> tcsock, jbyteArray buf, jint len)
> {
> unsigned char bytes[len];
> ^^^
>
> This is not valid C code, although some compiler might allow it.

Fixed. Let me know if there is anything else.

> You would need to use malloc for that buffer since the 'len' is not known
> in advance.
> BTW, what's the purpose of this code?

The purpose is to allow use of few TLS extensions - 'next protocol
negotiation' is the main one for SPDY. Also to allow some optimizations -
like reusing sessions ( with a distributed cache or with no server-side
storage ).

> Seems it requires java API as well, so
> not sure if that's present in all tomcat versions 1.1.23 is supposed to
> run.

Java APIs are in trunk - and could use the native library independent of
tomcat version.

> However if not used I don't care ;)

As long as it doesn't break the build I suppose :-)

Costin