On 2/03/2012 2:29 PM, Filip Hanik - Dev Lists wrote:
On 3/2/2012 2:13 AM, Mark Thomas wrote:
You can't register on a selector using another thread.
Bingo. That explains it. Is that documented anywhere?
I'm not sure if the java.nio documentation says it, I think it does. The Selector object is not thread safe. trying to manipulate interestops and selectors from multiple threads, can lead to dead locks

According to the docs selectors themselves are safe for use by multiple concurrent threads, their keys however, are not [1].

What's next / left on the TODO list Mark? Anything I can help out with?

I'm off for the weekend, address the other stuff next week. Enjoy the weekend!

Cheers,

Johno

[1] http://docs.oracle.com/javase/1.5.0/docs/api/java/nio/channels/Selector.html (Concurrency)