On 8/03/2012 9:10 PM, Mark Thomas wrote:
On 08/03/2012 09:12, Johno Crawford wrote:
What's next / left on the TODO list Mark? Anything I can help out with?
Porting the generic HTTP upgrade followed by the WebSocket code to
7.0.x. I don't think there is much for you to do there.

WebSocket needs some documentation. My plan was to keep it light and
point to the examples / Javadoc as much as possible.

Performance / scalability with large numbers of users / connections
needs looking at.

If I am not mistaken there was talk about adding buffered readers, is this still on the table?

API tweaks will come as folks start to use to but we need to get it into
7.0.x for that to happen.

Look at what needs to be done to align with Jetty's API with a view to
possibly moving to a shared common API. There is a WebSocket EG starting
up and if that comes up with an API quickly, we may just move to that
instead. If there are simple changes we can make now to align with Jetty
that will make things easier for users so we should consider them.

Costin's point re APR and threading.

Maybe a chat example app? After all, everyone else seems to have one ;)

At first this felt like double work as there had been some talk and progress regarding a chat example [1] however, I was a little concerned about the security of the implementation (no filtering of html entities), it doesn't line up with the current trunk source and I estimated implementation from scratch to be 30 minutes max.

Cheers,

Johno

[1] https://github.com/praus/tomcat/commit/0bfcb572e79ac05001efe134c2d44ba86daed9c8