2012/3/26 Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>:
> On 25/03/2012 20:52, ma...@apache.org wrote:
>> Author: markt
>> Date: Sun Mar 25 19:52:05 2012
>> New Revision: 1305109

>> Log:
>> Add Tomcat 3.2 docs
>
> This is the start of the process to move the Tomcat web site to
> svnpubsub as mandated by the ASF infra team.
>
> Note that we could also move the site partially or fully to the CMS but
> that is a bigger step and probably one we want to consider alongside the
> discussions we have had around updating the overall style of the docs
> and site.
>
> The first few steps will be to add files for the docs for the latest
> versions of those components that are no longer supported.
>
> After that, I'll be checking in an updated build script that will allow
> us to update the 5.5, 6.0 & 7.0 with minimal effort after a release.
>
> Then all add support for updating the native and jk docs.
>
> Finally, taglibs and the Maven plug-in will need to ensure that their
> sites are svnpubsub compatible.
>
> The short version is that once the entire site is in svn, we can switch
> to svnpubsub.
>
> The big advantage this will give us is the ability to make changes to
> the site that appear on the live site in seconds rather than an hour or so.

A note:  using sparse checkout feature of svn is handy when dealing
with the site.
E.g. if you are in site/trunk then

svn up --set-depth empty docs/tomcat-3.2-doc

will pull in recently added  "tomcat-3.2-doc" subdirectory as empty
one (instead of pulling the whole subtree as the usual "svn up" will
do)

The other subdirectories will be (looking at p.a.o):

svn up --set-depth empty docs/tomcat-3.3-doc
svn up --set-depth empty docs/tomcat-4.0-doc
svn up --set-depth empty docs/tomcat-4.1-doc

What about 5.5, 6.0, 7.0?

If people use svn 1.7 clients  then I think it would be easier to
commit them under their final names "tomcat-5.5-doc",
"tomcat-6.0-doc", "tomcat-7.0-doc",   instead of the current symlink
schema of "5.5 -> 5.5.35".

With svn 1.7 there are no ".svn" subdirectories inside the tree,  so
is is possible to rm the files from hard drive and replace them with
new ones in place  before committing. (Some care will be needed for "!
missing" and "? new" ones).

Regarding imported 3.2 docs:
Some of them have unusual filenames (*.howto, faq) and thus did not
have svn:eol-style applied.  I'll look at it ~tomorrow when Mark
finishes the import.

Best regards,
Konstantin Kolinko