On 03/12/2012 08:51, Violeta Georgieva wrote:
> Hi Mark,
>
>> OK. First question. How did you create your git repo? I am trying to add
>> your repo as a remote repo to my own but there are no common ancestors.
>> I think I can hack around this but I'd like to understand how it
>> happened in the first place.
>>

> I'm using "git svn".
> The last rebase that I made was 11 days ago. Commit id
> 8f6de1068cd1299f34ae4171e941998b9752c07a

>From which git repository? I couldn't find that commit ID in the ASF git
repo for Tomcat trunk nor the GitHub mirror.

> git-svn-id: http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/tomcat/trunk@1412575
> 13f79535-47bb-0310-9956-ffa450edef68

It is the problem. Hence why I am trying to understand how it happened.
Me not knowing git very well, there could be a perfectly simple
explanation for this.

> This migth be the problem - if your repo contains the newest commits.
> Isn't it easier to clone the repo?
> I also can update it to the latest revision.

I have already fixed it on my local machine with git replace to graft
your changes onto my local fork of the ASF git repo for Tomcat trunk. It
should be easy to merge in your changes from there.