All,

Someone recently on the users list[1] had some trouble building mod_jk
and it turned out that the problem was a missing c++ compiler.

I did some quick checking and it doesn't look like mod_jk requires a c++
compiler for any actual compilation -- that is, everything is declared
as "extern C" and no obvious c++ features in use.

httpd advertises requirements for autoconf, libtool, and an ANSI-C
compiler (not C++). I didn't actually try to build httpd without having
c++ available.

Is this simply an oversight in the configure script? Are we stupidly
requiring a C++ compiler, or is there a reason that it is required?

If it's required, I'd like to document it in BUILDING.txt. If it's not
required, can we fix configure so that it doesn't bomb without a C++
compiler?

Actually, if it's required, maybe we can try to figure out how to remove
that requirement.

Thanks,
-chris

[1] http://markmail.org/thread/ikrcc4fb477n2nlj