Regarding question b), I vote yes, whatever the organization of the development

Regarding a), for my part I rather see something between A and B. I think of
the following questions that should be answered first :
- will there be 1 repo per major version like the current SVN setup ? or only
branches in a unique repo ?
- how to backport modifications from one major version to another ? is
cherry-picking ok ?
- where will the main repo be (the one committers will push to)? ASF or github
? where should we open and treat pull requests, ASF or github ? (currently
having the SVN repo at ASF and pull requests at github is not convenient)

Sylvain