Hmm

I have not enough time to say no but till try to justify my opinion (i like
<product>-openejb-shade (or shaded))

It really makes diff easy and if product and shade are together by mistake
in assemblies you see it quickly sorting by name. Last point for libraries
which were not shaded in previous versions it lets the artifact at the same
"place" which makes the transition smoother and avoids issues in pom,
assembly.xml, exclusions....

Now technically all works ;)