why I think 1 before 2 is better is 2 will break the build for sure. 1
shouldn't.

that said if 2 is stable within 3 days it works too :)



Romain Manni-Bucau
Twitter: @rmannibucau
Blog: http://rmannibucau.wordpress.com/
LinkedIn: http://fr.linkedin.com/in/rmannibucau
Github: https://github.com/rmannibucau


2014-05-20 23:32 GMT+02:00 David Blevins <[email protected]>:

> Seems smart as we have CI and TCK setup for trunk, everything runs daily
> (or many times a day).
>
> Items "1" and "2" can come in any order really.
>
> Regardless of when we branch, these things will have to also happen in
> trunk, so it's just a matter of how much work we want to go through.
>
> My personal track record is spotty on remembering to merge stuff from the
> branch back to trunk :)  (specifically version and pom changes are my most
> frequent mistakes)
>
>
> --
> David Blevins
> http://twitter.com/dblevins
> http://www.tomitribe.com
>
> On May 20, 2014, at 2:23 PM, Romain Manni-Bucau <[email protected]>
> wrote:
>
> > yep
> >
> > basically I think we should:
> > 1) stabilize deps (tomcat , xbean vote in progress, owb tmr or the day
> > after)
> > 2) change the version
> >
> > doing the opposite could introduce faillures harder to debug IMHO
> >
> > wdyt?
> >
> >
> >
> >
> > Romain Manni-Bucau
> > Twitter: @rmannibucau
> > Blog: http://rmannibucau.wordpress.com/
> > LinkedIn: http://fr.linkedin.com/in/rmannibucau
> > Github: https://github.com/rmannibucau
> >
> >
> > 2014-05-20 22:50 GMT+02:00 David Blevins <[email protected]>:
> >
> >> I noticed trunk is still at 1.6.1-SNAPSHOT, we should probably switch
> that
> >> to 1.7.0-SNAPSHOT before branching.
> >>
> >>
> >> --
> >> David Blevins
> >> http://twitter.com/dblevins
> >> http://www.tomitribe.com
> >>
> >> On May 20, 2014, at 5:14 AM, Jean-Louis Monteiro <
> [email protected]>
> >> wrote:
> >>
> >>> Time for 1.7.0
> >>> Let's do wait Tomcat 7.0.54 which should be available end of this week.
> >>> OWB is not a big issue.
> >>> Hopefully by end next week, we can start our release.
> >>>
> >>> JLouis
> >>>
> >>> --
> >>> Jean-Louis Monteiro
> >>> http://twitter.com/jlouismonteiro
> >>> http://www.tomitribe.com
> >>>
> >>>
> >>> On Tue, May 20, 2014 at 4:53 AM, Romain Manni-Bucau
> >>> <[email protected]>wrote:
> >>>
> >>>> Hi
> >>>>
> >>>> we need to get OWB staging too (Mark is ok to do it, we should just
> ping
> >>>> him) then check turnk passes TCKs (we have some regression on tomcat
> >> side
> >>>> hopefully fixed with .54) then I have a check to do on xbean (related
> to
> >>>> asm shade - sorry discovered it 5mn ago) then we can merge from what
> I'm
> >>>> concerned about.
> >>>>
> >>>>
> >>>>
> >>>>
> >>>> Romain Manni-Bucau
> >>>> Twitter: @rmannibucau
> >>>> Blog: http://rmannibucau.wordpress.com/
> >>>> LinkedIn: http://fr.linkedin.com/in/rmannibucau
> >>>> Github: https://github.com/rmannibucau
> >>>>
> >>>>
> >>>> 2014-05-20 13:48 GMT+02:00 Andy Gumbrecht <[email protected]>:
> >>>>
> >>>>> Hi All,
> >>>>>
> >>>>> With Tomcat 7.0.54 under vote it is time to start working towards our
> >> own
> >>>>> 1.7.0 branch.
> >>>>> We have our own OpenJPA in staging, which is already on trunk, so no
> >>>> known
> >>>>> issues.
> >>>>>
> >>>>> Please add your thoughts and concerns. What are you working on that
> >> needs
> >>>>> to get in before the branch etc?
> >>>>>
> >>>>> Ideally I'd like to branch asap and start the 1.7.0 release next
> week.
> >>>>> We don't actually need to wait for 3rd party versions for the branch,
> >>>>> as we can update later. It is more about closing current work so we
> can
> >>>>> get on with it.
> >>>>>
> >>>>> Andy.
> >>>>>
> >>>>>
> >>>>> --
> >>>>> Andy Gumbrecht
> >>>>>
> >>>>> http://www.tomitribe.com
> >>>>> [email protected]
> >>>>> https://twitter.com/AndyGeeDe
> >>>>>
> >>>>> TomEE treibt Tomitribe! | http://tomee.apache.org
> >>>>>
> >>>>>
> >>>>
> >>
> >>
>
>

Reply via email to