Hi,

even though not a committer I’d like to give my 2 cents on this:

Regarding a GH* based workflow:

Having provided some updates to the documentation recently I think the current
process does not really promote contributions and collaboration.
For example I did not get any notification from the CMS that my proposal was
received and in fact it wasn’t received and I had to attach svn patches to Jira
tickets.
Nor is there any possibility for review and discussion afterwards.

So I am strongly for a Github Pull Request-alike workflow, where everyone can
actively search and discuss contributions.
Ideally this workflow should be lightweight enough that you could propose an
update to the documentation after as a user you discovered something that is
not yet documented.
As a supporter it would make sense to update the documentation when you
answered a question that was not obvious just by pasting the interesting parts
out of your email response.
Most often this is the best documentation: To the point and it solves a
concrete problem.

Regarding a JBake based solution:

The current documentation is completely based on Markdown, which makes it kind
of a lottery how the final output will look like.
The update I proposed looked completely different on my machine than finally on
the website, spaces were added to code snippets where they don’t belong, links
get sometimes rendered propery, sometimes not.
Being a member of the AsciidoctorJ developers I certainly appreciate having
support for Asciidoctor via JBake as well.
JBake still supports Markdown and plain HTML as well.

Cheers
Robert

* Don’t nail it down to Github, could be something else that provides a similar
workflow.