I think this is a wonderful idea. Those two projects show some of the
possibilities of connectors, which is often a bit of an unknown. I think
having those projects as TomEE sub-projects would be great. They are
documented on tomitribe.io so we should think about how we'd want to bring
those over and structure the website for those sub-projects.

The thing that excites me most, though, is the pattern for "crazy new
ideas" as you put it. Having some space and a pattern to contribute those
new ideas sounds like a great way to get more people involved. I have
created some small helper modules that make it a little easier to use
different JMS providers - I have HornetQ and Artemis so far, and could
easily crank out a couple more having worked with JBossMQ, Tibco EMS and
Websphere MQ recently. I know that Daniel Cuhna created a CLI tool at one
point - I'm not sure where that is, but having a welcoming place for
initiatives like that means we can pull those folks into the TomEE
community.

+1 from me. Happy to help in any way I can.

Jon