Hi Romain,

I created a JIRA to track this dependency upgrade : TOMEE-2241
(https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TOMEE-2241).

Doing the PR myself would be fun but I guess I first need to have some
contributor permissions, isn't it?

Regarding your idea to modify conf/system.properties, is that really
clean? can't we have commons-lang3-3.6.jar delivered in a web app used
by struts.jar delivered in same web app by default?

Thanks,
Alexandre