Also, I notice on the exception above it's coming from openejb code here...

with the comment "// TODO: drop when we get a fully supporting java 9
version of CXF"

As CXF 3.3.0 supports Java 11, this implies this the call should be removed
completely and should resolve the above exception.

    private static void initAuthenticators() { // TODO: drop when we get a
fully supporting java 9 version of CXF
        try {
            CXFAuthenticator.addAuthenticator();
        } catch (final RuntimeException re) {
            // we swallow it while cxf doesnt support java 9, this
workaround is enough to make most of cases passing
        }
    }

--
Sent from: http://tomee-openejb.979440.n4.nabble.com/TomEE-Dev-f982480.html