Part of this discussion is about how to organize the website.

I was just pointed to this, which I think has a very nice description of
different purposes for different documentation, no matter what technology is
used for the site:

https://lisk.io/blog/announcement/lisk-documentation-migrated-asciidoc-and-antora

David Jencks
<snip my previous replies>