> On May 2, 2021, at 9:39 AM, Alex The Rocker <alex.m3...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> I am a bit confused : I thought that renaming of javax.* into
> jakarta.* packages for the EE API is only targeted for TomEE 9.x.

All the source code is in TomEE 8.0 and TomEE 9.0.x is just created through
bytecode transformation.  The long and short of that is they pass/fail almost
the exact same tests as it's the same code. We can do library upgrades in the
`tomee-jakarta` repo and add a patch file for third-party dependencies here and
there, but any fixes on the TomEE side go into 8 and are automatically picked
up in via bytecode transformation of 9 as well.

In fact, I've been doing most my local work exclusively running the Jakarta EE
8 TCK and just letting the automated systems do the running of the EE 9 TCK.

> In such case, what would be the content of a TomEE 8.0.7 release?

Everything in this list is fixed, except about 10 tests which are not part of
the Web Profile and therefore not required for certification and will be fixed
later.  Though it says "EE 9" these failed for both 8 and 9 TCKs:

 - https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TOMEE-3140

We're still one TCK test shy of passing and have some work to do on the API
jars to pass the signature tests, but it's looking good.

Brief pause for me to take a nap, however, as I've been up for 24 hours and
keep nodding off at the keyboard :)

-David