> On Mar 31, 2022, at 1:06 PM, Thomas Andraschko <andraschko.tho...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
> +1 to remove war distribution
>
> AFAIR we shade Jakarta in BVal?
> Otherwise i would also work on a bigbang change in BVal

We tried to use the shaded version, but there were a lot of TCK test failures
and only a day left to make the Jakarta EE 9.1 release deadline, so we did a
quick switch to Hibernate Bean Validation.

If you have any energy to do a bigbang change that'd be awesome.  On any TCK
failures we could divide and conquer.  IMO, it'd be totally fine to post the
list of failures here as well and try and recruit TomEE people to come work on
the bval lists.

> Do we already use MyFaces 3.0 in master?

Yep, we're currently on 3.0.1.  Note, we used TomEE Plume to certify which uses
Mojarra, so I don't know off-hand if there are TCK failures in JSF on TomEE
Plus.  Looking at the last run (which was quite a while ago), the results were
pretty darn good!

 - https://tck.work/tomee/tests?build=1623434602963&path=com.sun.ts.tests.jsf

-David