fwiw,  1.8.0 was lengthy because of the transition to Apache Incubator
-- we had a lot of work there.  And 2.0.0 was as well because of the
transition to postgres from mysql.   2.1.0 is expected to be
significantly less trouble,   and Eric and I have paved the way to
make it so.   We'll be available to assist whomever takes on the role
of release manager.

-dan