+1 on issue template.
The ansible project uses a template, and it also works in conjunction with
a bot ("ansibot") that automatically links the issue to the associated
module source, if it can, which is handy.
For example, an issue I recently opened there:
https://github.com/ansible/ansible/issues/36557 showing the ansibot
reference...

__Jason