On Jan 30, 2014, at 11:41 AM, Phil Sorber <sor...@apache.org> wrote:

>> On Thu, Jan 30, 2014 at 11:37 AM, Igor Galić <i.ga...@brainsware.org> wrote:

STL is generally ok, as long as it's not on the critical path, or bloats things
unnecessarily . Any new or external library used on the CP should be carefully
investigated for heap based memory allocations and lock contentions .

I'd also make sure we avoid code / functionality duplication. If we bring in
something new that's a superset of existing code, we should eliminate the old
code. We've messed this up in the past, hence we still suffer with the TCL hash
for no good reason.

Cheers,

-- Leif