We use continuations everywhere, which might not be appropriate according
to the above quote? xD

For this particular use case of the PR, it's pretty simple code and I don't
think it will be a performance bottleneck. What we want here is a mature,
well documented and widely used concurrent implementation of hashmap, which
I think tbb is one of the top choices.