Joachim Dahl wrote:
On 5/17/07, Joachim Dahl <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

I am trying to write a Python calc add-in that returns multiple values
including range-cells (or arrays of numbers).

E.g., if I want the method to take two input <long> arguments 'inarg1' and
'inarg2' and return a status string and two
arrays of numbers, how would I specify the IDL routine and python method?

I've searched, but I can't find much information about this topic in the
PyUNO documentation...

Maybe my question is too generic...

There is a nice C++ tutorial about add-ins at the wikipage:
http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/CompleteAddIn

Is it possible to rewrite "methodFour" in Python?
It should definitely be possible. It's simple the question how you have to implement a sequence of sequence of long in Python. I am no Python expert and not really familiar with the Python binding but you can probably find more examples on the net.

Anyway independent of the used language. You can simplify the implementation by using a new config file to define some necessary add-in properties. See for example a generated Java add-in project in Netbeans using our Netbeans plugin.

Juergen