Hi Stephan,

> I know, I know.
>
> Thinking once again about it, a cheap peace offering

uh, sorry for the rant then - it wasn't intended as declaration of war :)

> could be the
> introduction of an "extensible" keyword for interfaces and the concept
> of interface ownership:
>
> - You must not implement objects that have an extensible interface
> unless you are the owner of that interface (that implies that you must
> not introduce service or singleton specifications that implement that
> interface, either

again unless you're the owner, right?

> ).
>
> - You cannot inherit other interfaces from an extensible interface.

except other extensible interfaces?

> - The owner of an extensible interface can add members to its end
> (inherited interfaces, methods, attributes).

Why at the end only? Do we gain something with this restriction, and do
we gain it in *all* language bindings, or would some bindings "break"
regardless of it?

> Not completely thought through, but should probably work.  How does that
> sound?

Like a great first step towards a living API, which is fun to design,
without feeling blocked unnecessarily.

Thanks & Ciao
Frank

--
- Frank Schönheit, Software Engineer         [EMAIL PROTECTED] -
- OpenOffice.org Base                       http://dba.openoffice.org -