Yuri,

Stephan Bergmann wrote:
Yuri Dario wrote:
Hi Stephan,

The generic gcc3.map contains wildcarded entries like
  _ZN4cppu13ClassDataBaseC1E?;

I saw them, but I don't know how to handle wildcards with os2 tools.
e.g. I cannot export a symbol using a wildcard, I need an exact match.

The build system is quite complex to follow, so I don't see how unix
platforms can handle wildcards.
If you are giving them directly to gcc, this is  a no way for me; but
you if run grep/find/awk/*, maybe I can implement the same logic, just
tell me how it is supposed to work.

Ah, I see. The GNU linker handles wildcards by itself, so on Linux we pass those entries unmodified. However, Mac OS X has the same problem, and uses some tooling to expand wildcards based on what the linked objects define. I cc'ed [EMAIL PROTECTED], maybe someone there can give the relevant pointers.
AFAIR, MinGW needs this as well. So, this may be the right time to generalize the Mac OS X approach ... which, by the way, is relative simple :-)

-Stephan

           Kay