Andrea wrote:
I have read that one should use the same compiler used to compile OO.
Is it (still) true?

maybe. I don't know.
it is recommended to avoid problems

Is this my problem?

No.
I managed to find what was the problem:

I followed this example
http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/SimpleCalcAddIn

but I think it is not using the correct options for the linker.

I have found a different set of options in the example directory of the sdk.
Now I can raise exceptions.

In particular this one seems to be important

-Wl,--version-script,../component.uno.map

What is the definitive guide to "options to compile a Calc add-in"?
that is a good question. The options used in the SDK should be ok but i have to confess that it is not well documented and not really well arranged. It's of course not easy to maintain the set of necessary options because i want to limit them on the necessary minimum in the SDK env. Anyway i have it on a longer todo list to clean up this in the SDK. Maybe i should create a new wiki page where i document the options and maintain it.

The problem with the wiki is that docu can be easy created but can be also become out dated fast and it's often not maintained.

Juergen

Andrea