Hi all,

We are planning on refactoring a bit the tags in Apache Unomi and as we are
planning to release 1.2.0 soon we want to deprecate a number of associated
functions so we can remove them in the next release.

As of today, the tags are not easy to extend because they are not persisted
in ES, but in-memory which is a problem in a cluster environment (e.g. if
you add a new tag you need to make sure all clusters know about it and
they will disappear after next restart).
Also, they have a hierarchy so what we would like to do is remove the
hierarchy and remove the in-memory map so the tags will be an open string
list.
Of course, a script executed at the startup will add the parent tag to the
children etc...

If you have any other ideas to change the behaviour of the tags, please
share.

Cheers

--
Damien GAILLARD
Software Developer
<https://www.jahia.com/cms/render/default/en/sites/jahiacom/home/employees/grid-layout/jahia-employee/GaillardDamien.signature.html.ajax>
8 rue du sentier | 75002 | France
jahia.com <http://www.jahia.com/>
SKYPE | TWITTER <https://twitter.com/> | VCARD
<http://www.jahia.com/vcard/GaillardDamien.vcf>

> JAHIA <http://www.jahia.com/> empowers organizations to create
sophisticated websites that drive their business growth