Henning P. Schmiedehausen wrote:
"Will Glass-Husain" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

I'm mostly neutral, though a slight preference for keeping them.  I kind of
like the way the author tags highlight (at a very coarse level) the history
of a class.  But I don't feel strongly.

What's the primary reason for the recommendation?

The exact thing that Ahmehd highlighted. Users tend to think that they
should send bug reports and problems not to the dev-list but to the
person(s) mentioned in these files.

At least my standard answer for this is "please resend to [EMAIL PROTECTED]".

Okay, I know you're a genius and would figure it out for yourself (eventually) but I'll help you out here.

In the context of @author tags, if you want messages sent to [EMAIL PROTECTED], you write the author tag as follows:

@author <a href="mailto:dev@velocity.apache.org";>Henning von Munchehausen</a>

Regards,

Jonathan Revusky