Monday, May 7, 2007, 4:37:53 AM, Jonathan Revusky wrote:

> Well, I dunno. Why does a guy sit on a bike, wearing the culotte and
> other cyclist paraphernalia, when he doesn't even like cycling?

I don't know, maybe it's that the starting was already wrong. If I
know well, basically, Velocity was made as a me-too project after
WebMacro, after the Apache guys couldn't find a consensus with the
WebMacro guy (licensing and like). And if so, then this project was
not stared out of real *technical* interest. And it was indeed quite
an idealless remake, and also an unprofessional work. Maybe just
because the authors were not really interested, just wanted to create
a "clone" quickly. Now such a project can't attract the kind of guys
who has a vision, so the project easily ends up in a dead end. And of
course, nobody who is key person at the project will ever openly admit
this. End of story. I don't think anything more could be said about
this.

> Maybe he thinks that women find cyclists attractive and if he sits
> on a bike and represents that he is a cyclist, he will be more
> successful with the ladies? I mean, it's not that he really wants to
> ride a bicycle, but he wants to cultivate the image of somebody who
> really does ride a bicycle for this other reason... maybe he
> actually hates bicycles...

(I wonder what kind of women can be attached on a such bicycle...)

Daniel Dekany
--
Occasionally works in the project of the SATAN himself, mind you.
(Yes, at FreeMarker...)