2010/12/16 Christopher Schultz <ch...@christopherschultz.net>:
> Antonio,
>
> On 12/10/2010 3:43 AM, Antonio Petrelli wrote:
>> Who used DisplayTag knows what I
>> mean: a tag library that manages sorting and pagination (internal and
>> external), alternate coloring etc. IOW, all the aspects of a table of
>> results that you might imagine.
>
> I've developed what I think is a great Velocimacro that acts as a pager.
> 116 lines including comments, debug output, etc. I'd be happy to share
> it with the community... I'd probably get feedback about how it could be
> improved :)

Chris, since you are a committer, you can add it. If you don't feel
comfortable to commit in the main trunk, you can think of committing
it in the sandbox.

> The AlternatorTool does a great job for alternate coloring.
>
> Does DisplayTag do anything on top of those, or is the idea that it's
> all rolled into one tag so you don't have to piece-together your solution?

I don't want to include *only* DisplayTag, it's only the most useful
JSP tag library I have in mind. What I'm finishing is a generic Maven
plugin that wraps any JSP tag library, not only DisplayTag.
OTOH, DisplayTag does pagination (simple and external), sorting
(simple and external) and it's easy to configure and to customize.

Antonio