On Fri, May 29, 2015 at 10:57 AM, Frederick N. Brier <fnbr...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I did a large amount of work last year on the Velocity 1.7 branch, split it
> into a main project and sub projects that integrated with other components,
> updated the packages, switched to slf4j and got it building under Maven.  I
> am using it in an Android project I am trying to finish.  That has stalled
> for the moment as I am on contract.  I posted this on this list and everyone
> was supportive, but they wanted me to look at the 2.0 branch and see if I
> could not lose those updates.  I did not know about the 2.0 codebase.  I
> have not had time to try and merge the changes.  I would be more than happy
> to push my changes to github and have anyone review them and determine if
> the changes I made would be a good restarting point.

I remember reading your message but having no time for velocity when it came up.

I'm definitely interested in upgrading the 1.x dependencies, so if you
push your code to github, I probably remember enough git to isolate
and merge changes related to that.  If nothing else, we can use it as
a reference for future changes.

I am also interested in SLF4J support (sorry, Chris, but if you're
going to propose switching to commons-logging, you might as well go
with SLF4J: http://www.slf4j.org/faq.html#why_new_project) and my long
term goals include getting MyFaces and Cayenne to switch to slf4j.
But it's not a priority.

I'm not interested in maven support, but someone else might be.