There is one more thing that I want to debug today (hopefully answer
before 6pm GMT+1) to check if it's a side effect of this bug, another
regression or a mistake I made when I upgraded since a lot of APIs
changed (it's not an obvious error, just a slight difference in the
result but there are quite a few layers of abstractions to debug
between the result and the Velocity engine).

On Tue, Jan 7, 2020 at 10:56 AM Claude Brisson
<cla...@renegat.net.invalid> wrote:

> Fixed. Thanks for the report.
>
> Thomas, do you think you may have any other subtle xwiki bug to report
> before I push out the next RC?
>
> On 20-01-03 12 h 31, Thomas Mortagne wrote:
> > Hi sorry me again,
> >
> > I just hit https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/VELOCITY-924.
> >
> > On Wed, Jan 1, 2020 at 11:12 PM Claude Brisson
> > <cla...@renegat.net.invalid> wrote:
> >> The test build of Velocity Engine 2.2 RC4 is available.
> >>
> >> No determination as to the quality ('alpha,' 'beta,' or 'GA') of
> >> Velocity Engine 2.1 RC3 has been made, and at this time it is simply a
> >> "test build". We welcome any comments you may have, and will take all
> >> feedback into account if a quality vote is called for this build.
> >>
> >> Release notes:
> >>
> >> *
> >> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/velocity/velocity-engine/2.2/release-notes.html

> >>    * https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/velocity/velocity-engine/2.2/
> >>
> >> Maven 2 staging repository:
> >>
> >>    *
> >> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachevelocity-1032/
> >>
> >> Documentation:
> >>
> >> * https://velocity.apache.org/engine/2.2/
> >>
> >> Sources:
> >>
> >>    * https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/velocity/engine/tags/2.2/
> >>
> >> Release Candidates History:
> >>
> >>    * RC1 Initial RC
> >>
> >>    * RC2
> >>    - added BigInteger and BigDecimal implicit conversions
> >>    - [VELOCITY-923] fixed a parser regression for `$foo||`
> >>    - [VELOCITY-904] fixed two corner case bugs for the
> >> velocimacro.arguments.preserve_literals backward compatibility flag
> >>    - fixed engine and dependency versions in README and mention the
> >> parser customization feature in the *building* section
> >>    - nicified README links
> >>    - upgraded surfire plugin version from 2.19.1 to 2.22.1
> >>    - upgraded maven-jar-plugin from 3.1.1 to 3.2.2
> >>    - added version 1.2 for extra-enforcer-rules
> >>    - upgraded maven-javadoc-plugin from 3.1.0 to 3.1.1
> >>    - upgraded findbugs-maven-plugin from 3.0.4 to 3.0.5
> >>    - upgraded maven-release-plugin from *unspecified* to 3.0.0-M1
> >>    - added a new templatized static class
> >> org.apache.velocity.runtime.VelocityEngineVersion.java
> >>    - use the File Separator control character to mark the end of stream
> >> for the parser (instead of the zero-width space char)
> >>    - reviewed packaging of engine examples (refreshed content, plus made
> >> them as a standalone zip file with readme, shell scripts, dependencies
> >> and examples sources rather than a meaningless standalone pom next to a
> >> jar without explanations...)
> >>
> >> * RC3
> >>    - [VELOCITY-904] fixed yet another corner case bugs for the
> >> velocimacro.arguments.preserve_literals backward compatibility flag
> >>    - upgraded SLF4J from 1..7.28 to 1.7.30
> >>
> >> * RC4
> >>    - [VELOCITY-904] fixed a regression introduced in RC3
> >>

> >>     --
> >>     Claude

Thomas Mortagne