+1 Sounds great!

On 5/18/15 8:33 AM, Steven Jacobs wrote:
Great work!
Steven

On Sun, May 17, 2015 at 1:15 PM, Efi <efika...@gmail.com> wrote:

Hello everyone,

This is my update on what I have been doing this last week:

Created an XMLInputFormat java class with the functionalities that Hamza
described in the issue [1] .The class reads from blocks located in HDFS and
returns complete items according to a specified xml tag.
I also tested this class in a standalone hadoop cluster with xml files of
various sizes, the smallest being a single file of 400 MB and the largest a
collection of 5 files totalling 6.1 GB.

This week I will create another implementation of the XMLInputFormat with
a different way of reading and delivering files, the way I described in the
same issue and I will test both solutions in a standalone and a small
hadoop cluster (5-6 nodes).

You can see this week's results here [2] .I will keep updating this file
about the other tests.

Best regards,
Efi

[1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/VXQUERY-131