I completely agree, easy setup is key. This is starting to sound like
Etherpad, out of the box you get DirtyDB and then can pipe it to
something bigger/better if you want too.

This email has been re-written a few times as I type out ideas, flush
them out a bit, then realize they don't make any sense.

-Chris T.