Hi folks,
just a brief email about what I've been doing and what's next on my agenda:

- the basic communication protocol, as outlined by the design documentation ( https://apache-warble.readthedocs.io/en/latest/design-general.html ) has been completed. clients and server can talk using the methods describe in the doc. - the server has a very basic node registry in sqlite (and sessions/accounts for users) - clients set themselves up and register with the master on first run, optionally waiting forever till the server verifies the node, and then...is supposed to do stuff. - there's a simple CLI tool in the tools/ dir in the server repo. This only works when you run warble server as localhost:8000, but that will probably change soon. you can use the CLI to enable/verify nodes for now, as seen in https://paste.apache.org/0yxH - the CLI is meant as a temporary solution to not having a UI yet, so we can test the very basics in communication and registries.

The node/server setup "works", in that they can talk to each other now, so you _can_ download both repos, set up the server as per the docs ( https://apache-warble.readthedocs.io/en/latest/setup.html ), run the client and they should be able to have a conversation. You could then use the CLI to manually verify/enable the node in the registry.

Next up, I am planning to test out retrieving data from the server and acting on it, and starting with a basic UI for super users. I've no solid idea how to make this just yet, but...I have some vague ones :)

I would imagine that as soon as multiple people start hacking on the code, we'd move from the current "push everything to master" to a more PR-based approach, and require a +1 from someone else to merge to master.

WDYT?

With regards,
Daniel.